Customer Data Encryptor for Admin Roles - Magento 2
Customer data encryption by admin role extension allows the store owners to encrypt the customer's contact details from their staff. The encryption can be enabled for specific admin roles.
Magento Community (Open Source) 2.2.x, 2.3.x
Magento Enterprise (Commerce) 2.2.x, 2.3.x
If you are a store owner and your staff is managing your order management or customer management but you don't want to show the contact details of your customers to your staff, then this extension is for you. This extension allows encrypting the customer data for the specific admin users.
If any admin role is enabled for the encryption then all the admin users who are coming under on that specific admin role, can not see the contact details of all the customers. This encryption will be enabled for all the areas in Magento admin. Following are the areas which are showing customer's contact details and this extension will encrypt the data in all these areas:
- Customers (customer grid, customer edit, customer address grid, customer address edit, online customers).
- Sales (orders grid, order view, order create, order edit, invoice grid, invoice create, invoice view, invoice print, credit memo grid, credit memo create, credit memo view, credit memo print, shipment grid, shipment create, shipment view, shipment print).
- Newsletter Subscribers
- Reports (abandoned carts)
- Exports (customer main file, customer addresses)
- This extension will encrypt customer email and telephone numbers from all customer addresses.
- If the encryption is enabled for any specific admin role, then all the admin users of that role can not modify the customer email and telephone number fields (along with the encryption).
- There will be no impact on the global search of the admin panel. This will behave like it is.
- There will be no impact on the customers on their storefront.
- There will be no impact on the admin roles where the data encryption is disabled.
- There will be no impact on web APIs.
- Backup your web directory and store database.
- Download the extension package and unzip it.
- Upload the content of the extension package to the root directory of the store.
- In SSH console of your server navigate to your store root directory:
php -f bin/magento module:enable EH_Core
php -f bin/magento module:enable EH_CustomerDataEncryptor
php -f bin/magento setup:upgrade --keep-generated
php -f bin/magento cache:clean
php -f bin/magento indexer:reindex
- Customer data encryption by admin role extension allows the store owners to encrypt the customer's contact details from their staff. The encryption can be enabled for specific admin roles.