Customer Approval - Magento 2
This Magento 2 extension enables you to approve or reject customers registering to your store.
- Easy activation or rejection of customers.
- Don't let any customer login into your store without the store owner’s approval.
- Disable customer account.
Magento Community (Open Source) 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x
Magento Enterprise (Commerce) 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x
Note: For convenience, throughout the description we refer to customer activation, approval, customer registration as customer approval. Customer disapproval, customer activation, customer login restriction, customer login moderation etc are referred to as customer disapproval.
This Magento extension extends the customer registration functionality without affecting the default registration process in Magento 2. It provides an option for the store owner to automatically or manually approve customers who register to your store. The store owner will get email notification on every registration and can approve or disapprove customers. The approval or disapproval can be done for one or more customers at the same time through mass action from the customer grid. Each customer will get notified as soon as he gets approved. You can easily set up different configurations for each store or website separately in the backend.
Also, the existing customers of the store don’t get affected. They remain active until they are manually disabled/ disapproved from backend.
How can you benefit from Customer Approval?
- Pre verification of every new customer registered to your store.
- Suspend any fraud or suspicious customer account from the backend to deny login access.
- Multi-store configuration with single installation: Extension can be configured for each store separately within a single Magento 2 installation.
- Auto and Manual account approval: This Magento extension allows approval of customers’ account either manually from the backend or automatically. Customers can be approved one by one or multiple at a time from the customer's grid. If in case you want to disapprove/reject a customer, you can do the same as well from the grid.
- 'Approval waiting' CMS page: There is an option to create a custom CMS page with ‘Waiting for Approval’ message. The customer will be redirected to this page after registration when admin approval is required for account access.
- Custom email templates: Admin can create custom email templates and select it for account approval email notifications that will be sent to the customer, once his account gets approved.
- Email notification: Admin and customer will receive email notifications on registration and account approval.
- Custom message and redirection: In case of non-approval of the account, a custom message can be displayed to the customer after registration and customer can be redirected to another page.
- CLI commands operations: CLI commands can be used to approve and disapprove customers from the command line.
How the Extension works
This extension allows you to approve or disapprove customers (wanting to register to your store) from the backend.
When a customer registers with your store, his account will not be registered as it will be waiting for the approval.
Store owner will receive an email regarding the registration request.
Once the store owner approves the customer’s account, an email will be sent to the customer as a confirmation of the approval. The customer can now sign in to your store.
The settings can be managed using the path, "Store > Configuration > Extension Hut > Customer Approve Account".
- Backup your web directory and store database.
- Download the extension package and unzip it.
- Upload the content of the extension package to root directory of the store.
- In SSH console of your server navigate to your store root directory:
php -f bin/magento module:enable EH_Core
php -f bin/magento module:enable EH_CustomerApprove
php -f bin/magento setup:upgrade --keep-generated
php -f bin/magento cache:clean
php -f bin/magento indexer:reindex customer_grid
- [Fixed] Compatibility adjustments for Magento 2.3.2.
- [Fixed] PHP 7.2 compatibility.
- [Fixed] Welcome email issue with Magento v2.2.5.
- Improved the code structure by removing all rewrites.
- [Fixed] Compatibility with Magento v2.2.4.
- [Fixed] Changed the source model in indexer.
- Performance and stability improvement.
- Compatibility with Magento 2.2.