Category by Customer Group - Magento 2
This extension provides the ability to restrict or display specific categories to different customer groups like wholesalers, retailers, etc.
Magento Community (Open Source) 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x
Magento Enterprise (Commerce) 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x
If you are a store owner who is displaying different content to your different set of customers then this extension is for you. Category by customer group extension allows you to restrict the specific categories to the specific customer groups. These customer groups can be wholesalers, retailers, or any other custom customer groups which you have. Basically, this extension is to differentiate the catalog for the store owner. The configuration of this extension is also very easy.
Why Category by Customer Group?
- Promotion execution for a specific set of customers.
- Flexibility to develop customer group wise business strategy.
- 100% open-source code.
- Ability to restrict the category to specific customer groups.
- The restricted category will be not visible to the top navigation menu as well.
- Compatible with custom created customer groups.
- Fully compatible with Magento's Full Page Cache and Varnish Cache.
- Compatible with multiple stores and websites.
- Backup your web directory and store database.
- Download the extension package and unzip it.
- Upload the content of the extension package to the root directory of the store.
- In SSH console of your server navigate to your store root directory:
php -f bin/magento module:enable EH_Core
php -f bin/magento module:enable EH_HideCategoryByCustomerGroup
php -f bin/magento setup:upgrade --keep-generated
php -f bin/magento cache:clean
php -f bin/magento indexer:reindex
- Ability to restrict or display specific categories to different customer groups like wholesalers, retailers, etc.