Cancel Order By Customer - Magento 2
Cancel order by customer extension allows the customers to cancel their orders right from their account on the storefront. The store owner has the option to allow the order cancellation for invoiced (paid) orders as well.
Magento Community (Open Source) 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x
Magento Enterprise (Commerce) 2.0.x, 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x
Several times, the customers want to cancel their orders due to some certain reasons but standard Magento doesn't provide this functionality for the end customers. Cancel order by the customer is the Magento 2 extension which provides the ability for customers to cancel their orders right from their account.
While order canceling from the storefront, the customer will have to choose the cancellation reason which will help the store owner to know the exact reason behind the cancellation. This cancellation reason will be added to the order comments. It will also help the store owners to analyze the areas which need improvements. Also, it allows adding as many cancellation reasons in the extension configuration.
With this extension, the customers can cancel the orders which are unpaid (in the pending state) as well as paid (invoiced - in processing state). The store owner can disallow the order cancellation for paid orders in the extension configuration. If the order cancellation for paid orders is enabled and any customer cancels the order then a credit memo will be generated for the refund. Here also, extension configuration provides an option to offer the refund online (automatically through original payment method) or offline.
This extension also allows restricting the order cancellation functionality for specific customer groups. Sometimes, store owners want to provide the order cancellation feature only to wholesalers or retailers.
Furthermore, after order cancellation by the customer, the extension will trigger two emails - one for the customer and another for the store owner. In the customer's email, the customer will have the order cancellation confirmation and in the store owner email, the admin will get the order cancellation details along with the order details and cancellation reason.
- Allow customers to cancel their orders. The store owner can choose whether he wants to allow the order cancellation for paid orders or not.
- For the order cancellation for paid orders, a credit memo will be generated.
- The store owner can choose to provide the refund online or offline for paid orders.
- Added the cancel order link in account dashboard's order history, orders page and order view page.
- On the click of cancel order link, a popup will open which will list down the order cancellation reasons.
- Customer will have to choose one reason before canceling the order and this reason will be added to the order comments.
- Admin can add as many order cancellation reasons in extension configuration.
- Restrict the order cancellation feature for specific customer groups.
- Customer notification and admin notification emails while order cancellation from the storefront.
- Compatibility with multiple stores and websites.
General settings of the extension
Restrict extension functionality for specific customer group
Allow order cancellation for invoiced orders
Order cancellation email notification settings for end customers
Order cancellation email notification settings for admin
- Backup your web directory and store database.
- Download the extension package and unzip it.
- Upload the content of the extension package to the root directory of the store.
- In SSH console of your server navigate to your store root directory:
php -f bin/magento module:enable EH_Core
php -f bin/magento module:enable EH_CancelOrderByCustomer
php -f bin/magento setup:upgrade --keep-generated
php -f bin/magento cache:clean
php -f bin/magento indexer:reindex
- Cancel order by customer extension allows the customers to cancel their orders right from their account on the storefront. The store owner has the option to allow the order cancellation for invoiced (paid) orders as well.